Research Projects and Grants
Our main collaborations are based on those around the joint projects. These projects are also providing the main basis of the funding of the group.
Additionally, we collaborate of course with friends and colleagues in the closely realated interest areas - in gene expression data analysis, motif searching, bioinformatics data warehousing and mining.
Current Research Grants
- IMI-PREDECT - New Models for Preclinical Evaluation of Drug Efficacy in Common Solid Tumours
- IMI-EMIF-Platform (Project info)
- AgedBrainSYSBIO- - FP7 2012-2016
- ELIXIR - Estonian representative and node applicant
- ELIXIR-EXCELERATE - H2020 project supporting ELIXIR implementation
IUT34-4 "Data Science Methods and Applications (DSMA) (1.01.2015−31.12.2020)", Jaak Vilo, University of Tartu, Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Computer Science.
- BIIT is a partner in Center of Translational Genomics (Ack: Supported by the University of Tartu (SP1GVARENG)).
- STACC - Software Technologies and Applications Competence Center partners
Other ongoing collaborations:
- ETAIS - Estonian Scientific Computation Infrastructures
- HPC at University of Tartu
- Prof. Andres Metspalu, Estonian Biobank
- Prof. Pärt Peterson
- Dr. Kai Kisand
- Prof. Külli Kingo
- Prof. Ursel Soomets
- Prof. Andres Salumets
- Dr. Lili Milani
- Dr. Toomas Neumann and Dr. Kaia Palm, Protobios
- Dr. Alvis Brazma
Finished Grants and Projects
- CIESCI - Complexity of Interdependent Epigenetic Signals in Cancer Initiation (Complexity-Net, 2010-2012)
- ESNATS, Embryonic Stem Cell-Based Alternative Testing Strategies. Duration of Project: HEALTH-F5-2008-201619, 5y (2008-2013).
- HEXANord - HEalth teXt Analysis network in the Nordic and Baltic countries [intranet]
- DETECTIVE - Detection of endpoints and biomarkers for repeated dose toxicity using in vitro systems (FP7+Cosmetics Europe) (2011-2016)
- ENFIN, Enabling Systems Biology. EU FP6 Network of Excellence (2005-2010) LSHG-CT-2005-518254
- SIROCCO - Silencing RNAs: organisers and coordinators of complexity in eukaryotic organisms (2010-2011)
- COBRED -- Colon and Breast cancer Diagnostics (2007-2010) EU FP6 STREP, LSHB-CT-2007-037730
- FunGenES, Functional genomics of Embryonic Stem Cells, EU FP6 Integrated Project, subcontractor (2006-2007). LSHG-CT-2003-503494
- ATD, Alternative Transcript Diversity, EU FP6 STREP (2004-2007) LSHG-CT-2003-503329
- COST Action IC0702 - SoftStat -- Combining Soft Computing Techniques and Statistical Methods to Improve Data Analysis Solutions.
- Baltic GRID non-funded partner
Estonian funding agencies
- EXCS - Centre of Excellence in Computer Science -- 2008-2015.
- Modern scientific computing methods, platforms and applications. (SF0180008s12) (abstract) (target funding)
- BioMedIT Project on bioinformatics, medical informatics and computational informatics - Archimedes; European Regional Development Fund. (funding link)
- BIIT-chair -- Estonian Information Technology Foundation grant for developing BIIT group and teaching of related subjects.
- ERMOS - Estonian Research Mobility Scheme for Postdoctoral Research Grant (2010-2013)
- Target funding (2006-2011), The methods, environments, and applications for solving large and complex computational problems. (2006-2011), grant no. SF0182712s06. (Abstract)
- "Base funding" (start-up grant for a new research group) from University of Tartu (2005-2006)
- BiGeR Estonian Science Foundation (ETF), no. 5724 (BiGeR) (2004-2007)
- MEM - ETF7437 (2008-2011) Multi-experiment gene expression data matrix analysis (MEM) (Abstract)
- DMMA Estonian Science Foundation (ETF), no. 5722 (DMMA) (2004-2006)
- Tiigriülikool - 2006 - support for ICT in Higher Eduction. Partial support for computer server emu (4xdual core CPU, 16GB RAM) and hard disk (4TB).
- Estonian Language Technology Research Programme: Dictionary informatics (information retrieval) (2005-2008)