J. Reimand, M. Kull, H. Peterson, J. Hansen, J. Vilo: g:Profiler -- a web-based toolset for functional profiling of gene lists from large-scale experiments (2007) NAR 35 W193-W200 [PDF
J. Reimand, T. Arak, J. Vilo: g:Profiler -- a web server for functional interpretation of gene lists (2011 update) Nucleic Acids Research 2011; doi: 10.1093/nar/gkr378 [PDF
Welcome to g:Profiler!
g:Profiler is a public web server for characterising and manipulating gene lists of high-throughput genomics. g:Profiler has a simple user-friendly web interface with powerful visualisation and is currently available for 80+ species, including mammals, plants, fungi, insects, etc from Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes. g:Profiler is normally updated every two months in sync with Ensembl. g:Profiler consists of the following tools:
- g:GOSt, the core of the g:Profiler, performs statistical enrichment analysis to provide interpretation to user-provided gene lists, ordered gene lists and chromosomal regions. We study multiple sources of functional evidence, including Gene Ontology terms, biological pathways, regulatory motifs of transcription factors and microRNAs, human disease annotations and protein-protein interactions.
- g:Cocoa is an enrichment tool for collections of several gene lists. The compact output of g:Cocoa allows a condensed and minimal view of functional enrichments in dozens of gene lists, and provides means to rank and compare gene lists through their functional annotations.
- g:Convert is a gene identifier conversion tool. It uses information in Ensembl databases to handle hundreds of types of IDs for genes, proteins, transcripts, microarray probesets, etc, for many species, experimental platforms and biological databases. g:Convert is flexible: it accepts a mixed list of IDs and recognises their types automatically.
- g:Sorter is a search tool for gene expression profiles. It allows users to find similar gene expression profiles to their gene of interest in a large collection of public microarray datasets from ArrayExpress.
- g:Orth is a tool for mapping homologous genes across related organisms. Given a selected target organism, g:Orth retrieves the genes of the target that are similar in sequence to the initial genes in input.
The following options are available for programmatically interfacing with g:Profiler:
gProfileR R package on CRAN.
biojs-vis-gprofiler BioJS component for visualizing g:Profiler results in your web application.