Prizes awarded to members of BIIT group
- MEM Article nominated for Genome Biology Best Paper 2009 award.
- HappieClust: ISMB 2004 Best Poster award
- Tauno Metsalu: EMT-Elion Scholarship 2012
- Kaur Alasoo received First prize of Estonian Academy of Sciences 2010 best student research competition for his work on applying SVM based machine learning to angiogenesis related gene identification.
- Raivo Kolde: EITSA Scholarship for PhD students 2009
- Konstantin Tretjakov: EITSA Scholarship for PhD students 2009
- Jüri Reimand: Ustus Agur Scholarship 2009
- Jüri Reimand: Artur Lind Scholarship 2009
- Konstantin Tretjakov - G=MAT master's thesis got the I prize from the Ministry of Education and Science.(2008)
- Meelis Kull - HappieClust master's thesis got the II prize from the Estonian Academy of Sciences. (2004)